Wednesday, July 2, 2008

13 years with our sweet Elliot




We had to put our family pug Elliot to sleep yesterday after 13 years with him. It was much harder than I ever thought it would be! We buried him in a pet cemetery (yes, they do exist) and it was a really sad but special experience for our family. I'm so happy to know that "all dogs go to heaven" and I think he is probably smiling or panting down on us, running around chasing birds and eating loads of milkbones :). One of the headstones right by Elli's was "Buddy the Butthead" so we won't forget where he's buried! It was good to laugh.

6 comments:

April said...

oh Christa I am so sorry, what a cute guy.
And your little babe? So cute, love his eyes. and what? You just had a baby? you look like fabulous as always.

Monica M said...

We are so sad. I just told the kids. Your mom will really miss Elliot.

brooke said...

That is so sad Christa... I remember Elliot, you could always hear him coming because of the way he would breathe, and then he got stuck in the couch that was a hide a bed... that was a little scary, poor guy. That's hard.

Sammy said...

Poor Elliot! I loved that dog, he was such a sweetie. I'm so sorry to hear that!

Anonymous said...

Oh the ellie. I miss him on a daily basis.

Katherine said...

I totally remember Elliot. I am so sorry. I guess that means I am getting old too, if Elliot got that old. Your family is so cute and you look great.