Monday, September 8, 2008

Papa's Funeral

My sweet grandpa "Papa" passed away last weekend so we went up to my mom's home town of Sweet, Idaho for the funeral. My grandma is doing well, but missing him dearly, they'd been married for 67 years. They are such a great example to us of love, commitment and true happiness. Papa was a blacksmith and farmer so they had his "signature' put on his casket along with his cattle brand. Muma was very specific that she wanted her grandsons to be the pallbearers and wear Levi 501's, which was very fitting. The model T car in the pictures they've had for I don't know how long, but we've always loved riding to church in it. We are so grateful for our heritage and amazing family. 





6 comments:

Abby said...

That's weird that both our grandparents died. I am happy for them though!

April said...

I am so sorry, thats no fun. But if it makes you feel any better, you are one hot mama. Dang girly.

Monica M said...

Great pictures, Christa.

elisa_marcheschi said...

sweet papa. i miss him :(

it was a lovely funeral though.

Logan and Mallory Brown said...

I heard that you were amazing on the violin! Thanks so much for the comments. Hopefully we will be able to see you guys in Boise for the farewell! That's probably the next time we will make it up to Boise.

Alyson said...

you're so gorgeous. you look so elegant in that last picture. i'm so glad you're happy, but sorry about your loss. :)